Thursday, December 28, 2006

Red Moon #3

Well ... yeah, it was indeed bold and cocky, when exactly a year ago I started on the Orbiter's add-on making road (to perdition). A very long road, full of detours and diversions which should have brought me to Lunar Orbit but instead have me stuck on LEO for the past 12 months ... I definitely hope that one of these days, my add-on(s) will finally Fly me to the Moon ... :-\ In any case, this year have been overall fun. I have learn a lot on a wide variety of subjects ranging from spacecraft design to computer simulation (and of course the history of the Soviet Space program). I also enjoyed tremendously my on-going collaboration with Castorp, I most definitly couldn't have gone much further if it wasn't for his meshing talent and resistance to my (constant?) nitpicking. I'm still surprised I haven't worn him out yet (knocking on wood) ;-)

If you still think that I'm super geeky, wait till you see Eric Hartwell's page on The Blue Marble (that famous pictures of the Earth taken from Apollo XVII during Lunar transit)! That's some serious geeking there! 8-O

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

...And a happy new year to you too! :-)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Kodiak said...

Happy new year Darth Vader

Thinking of old school orbiting and Lego

here is the ultimate lego project for you Darth

http://amezuki.livejournal.com/89177.html#cutid1

I doubt even the Emperor would like the price though :)

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10143

10:04 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Charles Simonyi has started his blog at long last!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home