Thursday, December 07, 2006

GO or NO GO?

The third Shuttle launch of the year is scheduled to be today ... that is if weather permit ... so far it looks like it may happens as the weather forecast is improving (or so I have read) ... Liftoff is currently scheduled for 6:30pm (PDT). Like for the previous launches, I'll be keeping a close watch on the mission. As I have my L2 account (didn't have it for the whole duration of the previous flight) I should be swimming in nerdy details for the whole mission :-) ... Speaking of nerds, there's a thread on NasaSpaceflight.com where anyone can follow the progress of the launch preparation.

On the October Sky front, I'm still struggling with the contact response :-\ I got the basic impulse based response going (and it seems to be working) and now I'm trying to find some solution(s) to prevent (or at least limit) meshes penetration. My lack of math abilities have really hampered my progress :-( I wish I had been a more dedicated student when I was growing up ... If only the homework had been more exciting like applying what we learned to space flight simulation!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

You're not the only one who was bad at maths! :-/

6:59 PM  
Blogger DarthVader said...

Hi there Suzy,

Congrats on joining the Blog "revolution" :-) I didn't even notice you had a blog until today :-\

7:50 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Well, I was "hiding" it - I am not sure if I am going to continue it yet! :-)

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home