Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Labeling stuff ...

Okay ... yeah I know, yet another post dedicated (mostly) to the current STS-116 mission 9_9 ... what can I said? There's much (real world) Soyuz activity lately ... Anyway, there was some pretty darn good imagery yesterday during the rendez-vous and docking. Hmmm ... docking at dawn! Woohooo! :-).

As you may have noticed, I very recently started using labels to tag each post. This should in the long run allow for some filtering, so that anyone will be able to improve the signal-to-noise ratio of this blog ;-) So far I have been using STS for the Space Shuttle related contents (well duh!) .. and OKB for everything related to my work on the (Orbiter) addon(s). OKB stand for Опытное конструкторское бюро, it seems appropriate ;-)

Anyhow, I'm still swamped in the contact detection and response monkey business. I have been working on that part of the SDK for a bit above two months now 9_9. As usual, I may have over-complicated things, that's kind of a usual thing for me ... Anyway I'm currently considering a slightly different approach to the problem, so that it will be easier to implements and also save a bit the frame rate. The idea been that we want some level of realism (with somewhat correct contact response), but not at any cost (performance and simplicity for the developer). Anyway, the bottom line is some more delay ahead ... but hey as Greg Anderson put it: "Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home