Friday, November 17, 2006

(still) Bumping into things ...

Lately I have been working on the collision response ... With my limited math skill, it really is a challenge. Castorp have witnessed several version of the collision handling (In fact, I rather call it contacts response as not all the collisions are ... well, u know, collisions) ... some were somewhat correct and some were utterly wrong. Anyhow, the whole idea of this Orbiter's business as a virtual playground where learning could be fun, has proven itself ... no matter how painful it can be at time :-| Many other things have been on-going in parallel, I hope to have some some screenies to show.

If you are looking for some figures (like accurate numbers) to setup your Orbiter's scenario, I'll suggest you have a look to Michael Schumacher's web site: http://www.rka-statistics.com . He got some neatly organized data on each of the Soyuz flights since 1967 (including the serial number of each spacecraft!). He also have a similar site for the US space program on http://www.nasa-statistics.com.

2 Comments:

Blogger L. Riofrio said...

HI Darth: It is nice to see your project making "Progress." I hope to have more posts from the Big Island soon. It depends on when I can photograph dolphins in the wild. YOur Space renderings look great.

11:10 PM  
Blogger DarthVader said...

Well thank you. I cannot take credit for the 3D models, they are from Castorp, my partner in crime :-)

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home