Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Daily Trans Lunar Injection

Here's a link you might want to bookmark if you are into the Moon, and that's thanks to Chuck Wood, who since the 17th of this month offers a different photo of the Moon every days of the week on his web site. The photos come from different sources, including (of course) the Apollo missions ... so this is a nice way of getting your daily fix for Space stuff :)

Speaking of the Space stuff, my Orbiter's project is coming along nicely (or so I'd like to think). I have been using the N1 meshes made by McDope without his autorization (I emailed him some weeks ago, but he still haven't replied), as engineering mockups so I definitly should post a few screenshots, altought there isn't much exciting stuff to see for now. In the meantime, You may want to know that I finaly settle for the name OKB1 for my SDK. OKB-1 been Korolev’s design bureau, quiet the appropriate name if I may said.

Few days ago I ordered from Chapters.ca two books to complement my ever growing collection. The first one is Two Sides of the Moon, a dual autobiography of Dave Scott and Alexei Leonov, which is going to be an exciting read. The second one is the recently published First Man: The Life of Neil A. Armstrong, another 780 (or so) pages biography. I better hurry-up to finish reading (for the second time) Red Moon, an interesting novel by Michael Cassutt ... Yes, the author of more serious books such as Deke!: U.S. Manned Space : From Mercury to the Shuttle and the Who's Who in Space set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home