Wednesday, March 08, 2006

First Geek on the Moon #3

Well ... it took me almost a month to read from cover to cover First Man, Neil Armstrong official biography. It's not that I'm that much of a slow reader, but many other pesky hobbies (like Orbiter) kept me away from finishing it sooner ... Anyway. I'd like to recommend that book, there is lots of good material in it, like a listing of Mr Armstrong's Personal Preference Kit (PPK) contents. And more details on the weird relationship between the member of Apollo XI crew. Personaly, I found that the last part of the book, which deal with what happened after the mission is a bit too slim, granted this isn't the most exciting part for a space enthusiast like myself, so it's fine by me ... it probably saves a couple of hundred pages ;-)

Lurking around the CollectSpace.com forums, I came across a thread related to a recently released book on the Apollo program by Bill Watkins: Apollo Moon Missions: The Unsung Heroes. This book offers an alternative views of the program by portraying (only) a few of the people who working outside of the spotlights. Man ... if interesting books keeps been published at this pace, I'm gonna have to get some more bookcases!

On the Orbiter project front, last week have seen a flow of good stuff from meshes maker ... err correction, meshes artist castorp, whom is contributed some great looking meshes to our (yes it's not just mine now) project. Here's a Work-In-Progress (WIP) shot of the Soyuz 7K-T he sent me just last night:
Looking good isn't it? As I have bugged him (a LOT) recently regarding things I thought should be in the meshes ... I sure hope my coding will be worth all the time he put on his side of the deal ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home