Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The lure of 3D cockpit #2

Few weeks ago, I was talking in a blog entry on the latest AMSO release, of a hybrid concept for the 3D cockpit (I prefer to call them console than cockpit, 'cause they are not necessary cockpit). Since I have finally managed to get the concept advanced enough to have anything to show, here's a screenshot of an hybrid console in action:

What you are seeing, here is a test panel located in a part of a 3D console. The idea, if you recall, is to render 2D panels on 3D surfaces, and allow the player to interact with them (e.g clicking on a button) directly from the 3D view, while supporting the possibility to open a panel simulatenously in a 2D view (as shown above), where the rendering and interaction capabilities will be better. Needless to said, both the 3D and 2D version of the same panel are linked so that any actions in one is reflected in the other. Since the Windowed version of the panel can be resized, it is then possible to have it only showing a small part of it (e.g the clock), allowing the player to keep an eye on important controls/displays while changing the view mode to external, to another vessel, or more simply looking somewhere else.

I have put a lot of hope and efforts into this, I sure hope it's going to turn out as good as it sounded (to me at least) ...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Roger Baillargeon said...

Invitation to promote Your Blog on my Site…



Hi ,my name is Roger Bail from Quebec Canada.

I plan to create an “Astronomy Blog Guide” for astronomy fans
in the near future…if I have enough astronomy bloggers interested
in posting in my guide.

The posting would be free of charge and all is ask is that you send
in a short description of your blog !

Than I would post the description in the “Astronomy Blog Guide”
with your blog link.

Note: Each blogger would have their own personal blog page and
You would have permission to post articles in the comment section
of your page. No one else would have permission to post articles
on your page…only their comments.

I plan to start creating the “Astronomy Blog Guide” in july if I
have enough candidates.
If You have any questions about this project or you have already
decided that You would like to be part of it and promote your blog
at no charge, go ahead and get in touch with me at…
rogerb@inbox.com

Note: You Can View a Demo Page at…
http://astronomyblogs.blogspot.com/

P.S. I’m also open to suggestions and ideas …

Take care, Roger B.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home