Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Archives gones wild! #4

Instead of impatiently hitting the reload button of your favorite web browser on the Expedition 14 and 15 galleries, deseperatly waiting for NASA to update them with some images from last week liftoff or yesterday docking ... here's a link that should relieve your thirst of Space imagery, courtesy of the Project Apollo Archive which just got updated (first time since last summer) with 28 newly scanned images of Apollo 9. I haven't browsed trough my Apollo collection for a while, since I have been focusing on Soviet space hardware, but I could swear that I never seen some of these images before! ... then again, I'm not known for my perfect memory .. 9_9

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob McCormick said...

Are you sure you're looking in the right place for ISS images?

When I surf over to the NASA multimedia site (at http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/multimedia/index.html) and click on the International Space Station Gallery link (like this one for Increment 14 ... http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/station/crew-14/ndxpage1.html), I see images that are only 2 days old.

When I click on the link you provide, I get a "403 forbidden" message.

The ISS imagery folks are usually pretty quick to get images posted - 2-3 days max. Do you need something sooner?

Just curious ...

6:53 PM  
Blogger DarthVader said...

Hi Bob,

Thanks for pointing out that the links I had put on the post were incorrect. I corrected them :-)

As for the delay in posting images to the gallery, well I guess I'm just being a bit impatient. That been said, 2-3 days in the Internet age is a long time ... For example, the 15 crew page still doesn't have any pictures of the launch it-self (at the time of this reply 04/12), 5 days after ...

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home